Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dial Daily Bread: Ten Great Truths No. 9 (con'd)

Ten Great Truths That Make God's Last Days Message Unique

NUMBER NINE (con'd): The element that God's people need in order to be ready for the second coming of Jesus is true Biblical "faith."

It will take great faith to be translated "without tasting death"--can we say, "the greatest faith of all the ages"?

But such faith is not egocentric in nature; it is not concerned with my getting a reward; it's not "holy acquisitiveness."

In a happy marriage, the bride is super-concerned that the bridegroom be happy; and he is super-concerned that she be happy.

"The third angel's message in verity" leads His last-days church corporately to a super-concern for the honor and the vindication of Christ in His "great controversy with Satan."

We grow to the place where we think in terms of Christ receiving His reward; and individually that becomes our purpose in living.

When we "say" our good-night prayers before falling into bed, our concern is not " if I should die before I wake I pray the Lord MY soul to take," but if I should die before I wake I pray the Lord's name to be honored by victory in His "great controversy" with Satan!

And, P. S., Lord, from your "much more abounding grace" grant me, I pray to see how I may honor Him appropriately in my life, and how I can help bring to a speedy close this "great controversy between Christ and Satan."



Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------