Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dial Daily Bread: A Lesson From the Quail

Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"

Quail are beautiful birds; their distinguished headdress marks them as special.

I am not an ornithologist; but I have observed numerous little quail families start life; the little ones run excitedly to keep up with their mothers.

But I have also been saddened to see these little families disappear--that is, most of them; whether it's because of coyotes, or dogs, or just people, I don't know.

But when it happens I feel saddened that there is so much violence and predation in our earth.

But I am encouraged by a promise in Isaiah 65: "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, saith the Lord" (vs. 25).

There will be no predators there; and even the lions will become vegetarians! "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock."

That means that the lion will experience a change in his very nature! (I long for that time to come!)

"In all My holy mountain" means in all the new earth that the Lord will create for our eternal enjoyment.

Two lessons stand our for us especially:

(a) The fact that the lion will experience a great change in his way of living emphasizes that all the people who inherit a place in that wonderful new earth will also experience a great change in themselves.

(b) That change will come NOW, by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sin makes predators out of sinful people; side by side with wild lions we will be changed in character; I didn't say "nature" for believers in Christ will still bear their sinful nature when the Lord Jesus returns the second time; BUT they will have learned to govern "self" and thus will gain the victory.

"I am crucified with Christ" will be the triumphant shout of victory coming from every follower of Jesus in these last days (see Gal. 2:20).



Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------