Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dial Daily Bread: "Asking to Give"

Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"

Let's not denigrate the wonderful promise that the Lord Jesus makes to us in His Luke 11 parable--(and thank you, our beloved Gentile brother who has saved these fascinating stories for us!).

"Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine in his journey has come tome, and I have nothing to set before him?

"And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.

"I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth" (vss. 5-8).

(a) There is enough "good news" in this parable for many sermons!

(b) The Lord Jesus is presented as in contrast to the unwilling neighbor who must be begged and pleaded to give him a bit of bread to give to someone else!

(c) You don't have to beg the dear Lord to answer this prayer; it's the prayer that He promises ALWAYS to answer with a resounding "Yes!"

(d) "Asking to give" is what the Lord Jesus loves to hear us pray!



Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------