Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread":
“Jesus and His Last Generation of Saints on Earth” will be the principal topic at the Mini-Conference announced in last night’s “Dial Daily Bread” to be held December 28-30 at the Weimar Institute Chapel, Northern California (maybe some far away can plan their mini-conference nearby).
This topic has grown tremendously in interest after a congress of Biblical scholars met at Andrews University to discuss the publication of the book Questions on Doctrine 50 years ago, and the tragic false teaching that crept in.
“Last Generation” takes its place in prominence, and the interest is worldwide. The basic idea is rooted in Scripture:
(1) The honor and vindication of Christ will be enhanced by a group of His followers who lay self aside and permit the Holy Spirit to reproduce in them a character that fully reflects Christ.
(2) Thus it will be demonstrated that sin has never been a necessary thing; “the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe” (Rom. 1:16). It has power to enable those who cherish the faith of Jesus to “overcome [sin] even as [He] overcame” (Rev. 3:21), that is, to “condemn sin” in their fallen, sinful flesh (Christ did!); they are the ones in that text who at last will “sit with [Him] on His throne”).
(3) Further, they will be the 144,000 “who follow the Lamb [the crucified Christ] wherever He goes” (Rev. 14:4).
(4) They will be the “we” that Paul speaks of in 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 who “are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord ... [when] the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we [that’s the saints who follow the Lamb everywhere in that last generation] will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.”
(5) Thus “Jesus and His last generation saints” are “the blessed hope” of all ages, truth that has often been nearly forgotten.
(6) What will bring about this tremendous change, the most glorious in the history of the world?
(7) Answer: the pure true message of “Christ and His righteousness,” that has no “Babylon” confusion left in it.
This will be the principal topic that Pastors Penno and Wieland will discuss at this “last Sabbath of the year” meeting. You are invited.
Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
Please forward these messages to your friends and encourage them to subscribe. The "Dial Daily Bread" web page resides at: http://1888message.org/dailybread/
To subscribe send an e-mail message with "subscribe" in the body of the message to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Robert J. Wieland's inspirational "Dial Daily Bread" phone message is available via e-mail to anyone who wishes to receive a daily portion of uplifting Good News. "Dial Daily Bread" is FREE. Due to travel or other circumstances, there may be intervals when "Dial Daily Bread" will not be sent.