Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dial Daily Bread: The Joy of Eternal Happiness

Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"

Can the Book of Romans be understood by ordinary people who don't have a doctoral degree?

I say, YES!

I don't have one; and I must confess that I feel like a little child wrestling with Romans, but I believe:

(a) The Lord, the Father of our Lord Jesus, would not inspire the writing of a Book in the Bible that is over my head in understanding. He loves me too much to do that to me!

(b) Reading the Book of Romans may stretch my mental powers of understanding, but that is what the dear Lord wants to do to me.

(c) In fact, I myself in my limited understanding, do not want my mental abilities to atrophy.

(d) Such would be equivalent to death! And I don't want that! You don't either.

(e) One man of God (Luther) declared that "Romans is the clearest Gospel of all"--and in truth that means it is clearer than Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, in presenting the grand truths of the gospel of salvation from sin, here and now.

(f) You don't need a shelf full of scholastic tomes; open your Bible to Romans, kneel humbly before God, shut off the radio and TV and your cell phone, then:

(g) Read; give your mind to the Lord Jesus and do what Jesus said to do, "shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly" with an answer to your prayer for enlightenment (Matt. 6:6).

(h) You will taste of the joy of eternal happiness.



Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------