Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"
The grand truths of the Bible are becoming more sharply defined worldwide as we come closer to the second coming of Christ. A great Enemy of Christ fights against truth, but "the truth of the gospel" prevails against all opposition:
(1) Christ's love for His church (and for the world) will motivate His personal, literal, and visible second coming to take to Himself His people (John 14:1-3).
(2) A people will respond to "the truth of the gospel" and will "overcome" sin in preparation for translation at His coming (Gal. 2:5; Rev. 3:21).
(3) The motivation that will accomplish this grand demonstration of the gospel will not be egocentric fear (the basic idea of "Babylon"), but a clearer concept of love (agape) that "constrains" to unselfish devotion to Christ (2 Cor. 5:14, 15).
(4) Thus will be fulfilled the prophetic picture of a people that truthfully "keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Rev. 12:17; 14:12; Rom. 13:10).
(5) This takes place in the biblical "time of the end," when "knowledge shall increase" (Dan. 12:4). That time is now.
(6) It is the same as "the hour of [God's] judgment" when He as well as the world is to be "judged" (Rev. 14:6, 7). It is the final victory of the ages, the long "controversy between Christ and Satan."
(7) It is also described as "the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary," a successful completion of Christ's ministry as the world's great High Priest (Dan. 8:14).
(8) He is not to battle vainly against sin for endless eons yet to come, always doomed to remain "despised and rejected of men." He is to demonstrate a huge success in His plan of salvation, before His second advent (Rev. 14:15; 18:1-4). The world will see it.
(9) Every honest heart around the world will respond to this "revelation of Jesus Christ" (Rev. 15:2).
(10) A significant chapter in this development of "the truth of the gospel" will be the distinction between the counterfeit "holy spirit" of "Babylon" and the genuine "latter rain" to be received by the "remnant church" (Rev. 18:1, 2). Every honest heart worldwide will be undeceived.
Young people: this is something to dedicate your life for!
--Robert J. Wieland
From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: April 25, 2007.
Copyright © 2017 by "Dial Daily Bread."