Thursday, November 05, 2015

Dial Daily Bread: A Sabbath Prayer

Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"

What does the Bible mean when it says that God gave us the Sabbath as a sign that He sanctifies us? (Ezek. 20:12). It's something He does for us, and in us, Sabbath by Sabbath. Have you ever devoted one to fast and pray, to "wait" before the Lord--a day of personal communicating with Him? Here is a suggested prayer for such a Sabbath.

__________________________

Father in heaven, thank You for inviting me to open my heart to You. And thank You for giving me this day as a special time to learn how You are "sanctifying" me.

Thank You for saving my soul, for giving Your Son to die my second death. Thank You that He did it, that He bore all my iniquities, and has set me free! Thank you for a love that is far greater than my little soul can appreciate--as yet. Please teach my heart to grow in understanding.

As I come to you, I choose to believe two great truths: (1) You are--You are real; and (2) You reward those who come to You by Christ (Heb. 11:6). Yes, I believe; but please "help Thou mine unbelief" (Mark 9:24). You have promised that anyone who prays that prayer can never perish.

I lay out my fears and my problems before You. I choose to wait to "listen" to what the Holy Spirit may speak to me through the avenue of Your Word, the Bible. I choose not to "faint" if You rebuke me (Heb. 12:5-11).

And I thank you in advance that You will pay attention to my prayer, and grant me the peace of heart and the confidence that I long for so much. In Jesus' name, Amen.

__________________________

Such a Sabbath will be memorable in your life. You will begin to learn to know the Lord.

--Robert J. Wieland

From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: July 25, 2001.

Copyright © 2015 by "Dial Daily Bread."