Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Listen and Learn--From an Open Bible


Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"
The Bible story is magnificent:

The Son of God gave up His position in heaven as co-Ruler of the universe, became a human being as we are, born as a Baby in Bethlehem, suffered as we suffer, endured death--our death; gave up everything forever, entered the Dark Tunnel that had no light at the end, which is to say He died "the second death” which is "the wages of sin,” our sin, totally emptied Himself (Phil. 2:5-8).

All very wonderful. But now coming down to the needs of our little lives:

How shall I live my new day? I know I should pray; I slept late, I don't dare go out into the world unless I kneel first at least for a few moments (it's like renewing a life insurance policy); so I begin the day with a few moments of prayer. But I gotta go, let's hope I'm "covered” for today.
My prayer is like hitting the right key on my keyboard. Now I can face the world; I've had my little tête-à-tête with the Master--in capsule form. (He knows how busy I am! He's so sweet, kind, lovable, forgiving, isn't He?)

Or have I really visited with Him? He has heard what have to say, but have I heard Him, what He has to say? This humble little ministry might pass on to you a crumb of "bread” or a drop of "living water,” but you don't get your daily "more abundant life” that way.

To talk to God is great, but we must "listen” in order to have a conversation. GIVE HIM TIME to tell you something. Wait and wait (Psalm 40:1)--listen!

And if you overslept this morning, yes, He knows how busy you are; but if you "hunger and thirst after righteousness” (if you're "alive,” you do!), first chance you get you'll turn off your amusements and you'll "wait on the Lord” (cf. Psalm 27). You'll hunger tolisten and to learn from an open Bible.

--Robert J. Wieland

From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: July 4, 2006.
Copyright © 2012 by "Dial Daily Bread."

Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please forward these messages to your friends and encourage them to subscribe. The "Dial Daily Bread" Web site resides at: http://1888message.org/dailybread/

To subscribe send an e-mail message with "subscribe" in the body of the message to: dailybread@1888message.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert J. Wieland's inspirational "Dial Daily Bread" messages are availalbe via e-mail to anyone who wishes to receive a daily portion of uplifting Good News. "Dial Daily Bread" is FREE. Due to travel or other circumstances, there may be intervals when "Dial Daily Bread" will not be sent.