Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"
Jesus and His "Last Generation" of saints on earth is a topic that has grown tremendously in interest worldwide. The basic idea of the "Last Generation" is rooted in Scripture:
(1) The honor and vindication of Christ will be enhanced by a group of His followers who lay self aside and permit the Holy Spirit to reproduce in them a character that fully reflects Christ.
(2) Thus it will be demonstrated that sin has never been a necessary thing; "the gospel of Christ ... is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes" (Rom. 1:16). It has power to enable those who cherish the faith of Jesus to "overcome [sin] even as [He] overcame" (Rev. 3:21), that is, to "condemn sin" in their fallen, sinful flesh (Christ did!); they are the ones in that text who at last will "sit with [Him] on His throne."
(3) Further, they will be the 144,000 "who follow the Lamb [the crucified Christ] wherever He goes" (Rev. 14:4).
(4) They will be the "we" that Paul speaks of in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 who "are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord ... [when] the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we [the saints who follow the Lamb everywhere in that last generation] will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air."
(5) Thus "Jesus and His last generation saints" are "the blessed hope" of all ages, truth that has often been nearly forgotten.
(6) What will bring about this tremendous change, the most glorious in the history of the world?
(7) Answer: the pure true message of "Christ and His righteousness," that has no "Babylon" confusion left in it. [More tomorrow.]
--Robert J. Wieland
From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: December 5, 2007.
Copyright © 2011 by "Dial Daily Bread."
Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
Please forward these messages to your friends and encourage them to subscribe. The "Dial Daily Bread" Web site resides at: http://1888message.org/
To subscribe send an e-mail message with "subscribe" in the body of the message to: email@example.com
Robert J. Wieland's inspirational "Dial Daily Bread" messages are availalbe via e-mail to anyone who wishes to receive a daily portion of uplifting Good News. "Dial Daily Bread" is FREE. Due to travel or other circumstances, there may be intervals when "Dial Daily Bread" will not be sent.