Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Your Heavenly Bank Account

Dear Friends of "Dial Daily Bread,"

Our lesson today is: "How to Learn to Believe Your Prayer is Already Answered." Such faith is a pre-requisite for ANY prayer to BE answered! (Heb. 11:6; Matt. 21:22; a difficult lesson for most people, including me). Well, here's the story of the "Unknown Bank Deposit."
As a missionary to Africa on furlough in America, we had saved up $300 to buy a kerosene refrigerator to take back to hot, humid Uganda. And not needing the money right away, I had lent it to a farmer-friend in my hometown whose pickup truck had been repossessed. My father didn't trust him, he said, "Robert, you've lost your money!"
Then we moved away to the University Seminary for some months. I had left a little bank account in my hometown that I didn't use for months. And not using the account for any money transfers, I had tossed the monthly statements unopened into a drawer. Time drew near to return to Uganda; we had to order that refrigerator. I watched the daily mail for a check for $300 from my friend (I was too embarrassed to bill him). I was getting desperate (in those days $300 was SOMETHING to a missionary!). Yes, my dad must be right.
The time had come to move again; must clean out those drawers. Tore open the bank envelopes--same old story, nothing in, nothing out; where's the wastebasket? But wait! What's this? A $300 credit listed months and months ago! My friend had quietly deposited it to my account and had never bothered to tell me! (My dad turned out to be wrong!) All this while I had HAD the $300 but I didn't know it!
As someone who believes in Jesus, you have an account in a heavenly bank. Just as I hadn't needed that $300 until time to go back to Africa, your Savior keeps the deposit in your account until it's time for you to write the requisite check. He keeps quiet about it like my friend; you'll save yourself a lot of needless stress if you'll choose to believe what He says: "All things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive" (Matt. 21:22).
Sometimes you already HAVE things that you haven't yet RECEIVED. There's a difference!
From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: November 9, 2000.Copyright © 2010 by Robert J. Wieland.
Be sure to check your e-mail for "Dial Daily Bread" again tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please forward these messages to your friends and encourage them to subscribe. The "Dial Daily Bread" Web site resides at:
http://1888message.org/dailybread/
To subscribe send an e-mail message with "subscribe" in the body of the message to: dailybread@1888message.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert J. Wieland's inspirational "Dial Daily Bread" messages are availalbe via e-mail to anyone who wishes to receive a daily portion of uplifting Good News. "Dial Daily Bread" is FREE. Due to travel or other circumstances, there may be intervals when "Dial Daily Bread" will not be sent.